Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Kidney transplantation in the older adult.Am J Kidney Dis. 2013; 61: 790-797
- Trends in kidney transplant outcomes in older adults.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014; 62: 2235-2242
- Transplantation rénale - Accès à la liste d'attente nationale, recommandation de bonne pratique. 2015.https://www.has-sante.fr/jcms/c_1751188/fr/transplantation-renale-acces-a-la-liste-d-attente-nationaleDate: 2015Date accessed: September 25, 2019
- Sarcopenia: European consensus on definition and diagnosis: report of the European working group on sarcopenia in older people.Age Ageing. 2010; 39: 412-423
- Sarcopenia.Lancet. 2019; 393: 2636-2646
- A proposed nomenclature and diagnostic criteria for protein-energy wasting in acute and chronic kidney disease.Kidney Int. 2008; 73: 391-398
- The prevalence of sarcopenia in community-dwelling older adults, an exploration of differences between studies and within definitions: a systematic review and meta-analyses.Age Ageing. 2019; 48: 48-56
- Sarcopenia and cardiovascular risk indices in patients with chronic kidney disease on conservative and replacement therapy.Nutrition. 2019; 62: 108-114
- Global prevalence of protein-energy wasting in kidney disease: a meta-analysis of contemporary observational studies from the international Society of Renal Nutrition and Metabolism.J Ren Nutr. 2018; 28: 380-392
- Association of sarcopenia with nutritional parameters, quality of life, hospitalization, and mortality rates of elderly patients on hemodialysis.J Ren Nutr. 2018; 28: 197-207
- Sarcopenia in liver transplantation: a review.Clin Nutr ESPEN. 2017; 22: 76-80
- Sarcopenia negatively impacts short-term outcomes in patients undergoing hepatic resection for colorectal liver metastasis.HPB. 2011; 13: 439-446
- Impact of the preoperative quantity and quality of skeletal muscle on outcomes after resection of extrahepatic biliary malignancies.Surgery. 2016; 159: 821-833
- Sarcopenia in patients with bladder cancer undergoing radical cystectomy: impact on cancer-specific and all-cause mortality: sarcopenia and survival after RC for UC.Cancer. 2014; 120: 2910-2918
- Abdominal lean muscle is associated with lower mortality among kidney waitlist candidates.Clin Transpl. 2017; 31: e12911
- Correlation between muscle mass and handgrip strength in digestive cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.Cancer Med. 2019; 8: 3677-3684
- Sarcopenia is a prognostic factor for overall survival in patients with critical limb ischemia.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 61: 945-950
- Associations of pretransplant weight and muscle mass with mortality in renal transplant recipients.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011; 6: 1463-1473
- Morphometric age and survivalfollowing kidney transplantation.Clin Transpl. 2017; 31: e1306620
- The frailty risk score predicts length of stay and need for rehospitalization after kidney transplantation in a retrospective cohort: a pilot study.Pilot Feasibility Stud. 2019; 5: 144
- Survival and hospitalization for intensive home hemodialysis compared with kidney transplantation.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014; 25: 2113-2120
- Obese sarcopenia in patients with end-stage renal disease is associated with inflammation and increased mortality.Am J Clin Nutr. 2007; 86: 633-638
- Cancer cachexia in the age of obesity: skeletal muscle depletion is a powerful prognostic factor, independent of body mass index.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 1539-1547
- Urinary creatinine excretion, bioelectrical impedance analysis, and clinical outcomes in patients with CKD: the CRIC study.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014; 9: 2095-2103
- Muscle mass determined from urinary creatinine excretion rate, and muscle performance in renal transplant recipients.J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2019; 10: 621-629
- Dual energy X-ray absorptiometry and bioimpedance analysis are clinically useful for measuring muscle mass in kidney transplant recipients with sarcopenia.Transpl Proc. 2018; 50: 150-154
- The value of different CT-based methods for diagnosing low muscle mass and predicting mortality in patients with cirrhosis.Liver Int. 2019; 39: 2374-2385
- Sarcopenia: revised European consensus on definition and diagnosis.Age Ageing. 2019; 48: 16-31
- The psoas muscle transversal diameter predicts mortality in patients with cirrhosis on a waiting list for liver transplantation: a retrospective cohort study.Nutrition. 2018; 51-52: 73-79
- Prognostic value of muscle atrophy in cirrhosis using psoas muscle thickness on computed tomography.J Hepatol. 2014; 60: 1151-1157
- Quantifying sarcopenia reference values using lumbar and thoracic muscle areas in a healthy population.J Nutr Health Aging. 2018; 21: 180-185
- Sarcopenia and mortality after liver transplantation.J Am Coll Surg. 2010; 211: 271-278
- Prevalence and clinical implications of sarcopenic obesity in patients with solid tumours of the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts: a population-based study.Lancet Oncol. 2008; 9: 629-635
- Psoas muscle cross-sectional area as a measure of whole-body lean muscle mass in maintenance hemodialysis patients.J Ren Nutr. 2016; 26: 258-264
- A low psoas muscle volume correlates with a longer hospitalization after radical cystectomy.BMC Urol. 2017; 17: 87
- Muscle mass predicts outcomes following liver transplantation: muscle Mass Predicts Outcomes after Transplantation.Liver Transpl. 2013; 19: 1172-1180
- Reference values for skeletal muscle mass and fat mass measured by bioelectrical impedance in 390 565 UK adults.J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2020; 11: 487-496
- Low testosterone is associated with frailty, muscle wasting and physical dysfunction among men receiving hemodialysis: a longitudinal analysis.Nephrol Dial Transpl. 2019; 34: 802-810
- Low subcutaneous adiposity associates with higher mortality in female patients with cirrhosis.J Hepatol. 2018; 69: 608-616
- Feasibility of systematic handgrip strength testing in digestive cancer patients treated with chemotherapy: the FIGHTDIGO study: feasibility of Handgrip Strength.Cancer. 2018; 124: 1501-1506
Pierre-Guillaume Deliège and Antoine Braconnier equally contributed to this work.
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.
Support: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
Data Availability Statement: The data that support the findings of this study are available upon request from the authors.