Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A modified quantitative subjective global assessment of nutrition for dialysis patients.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 1999; 14: 1732-1738
- Objective Score of Nutrition on Dialysis (OSND) as an alternative for the malnutrition-inflammation score in assessment of nutritional risk of haemodialysis patients.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2010; 25: 2662-2671
- A malnutrition-inflammation score is correlated with morbidity and mortality in maintenance hemodialysis patients.Am J Kidney Dis. 2001; 38: 1251-1263
- Modifiable risk factors for early mortality on hemodialysis.Int J Nephrol. 2012; 2012435736
- Change of nutritional status assessed using subjective global assessment is associated with all-cause mortality in incident dialysis patients.Medicine (Baltimore). 2016; 95e2714
- Improvement of nutritional status after initiation of maintenance hemodialysis.Am J Kidney Dis. 2002; 40: 133-142
- Improvement in nutritional parameters after initiation of chronic hemodialysis.Am J Kidney Dis. 2002; 40: 143-151
- Increased mortality early after dialysis initiation: a universal phenomenon.Kidney Int. 2014; 85: 12-14
- Worldwide, mortality risk is high soon after initiation of hemodialysis.Kidney Int. 2014; 85: 158-165
- Cardiovascular and noncardiovascular mortality among patients starting dialysis.JAMA. 2009; 302: 1782-1789
- Predictors of early mortality among incident US hemodialysis patients in the Dialysis Outcomes and Practice Patterns Study (DOPPS).Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007; 2: 89-99
- Nutritional predictors of early mortality in incident hemodialysis patients.Int Urol Nephrol. 2014; 46: 129-140
- Nutrition assessment and risk prediction in dialysis patients-a new integrative score.J Ren Nutr. 2014; 24: 401-410
- KDOQI clinical practice Guideline for nutrition in CKD: 2020 Update.Am J Kidney Dis. 2020; 76: S1-S107
- Malnutrition-inflammation complex syndrome in dialysis patients: causes and consequences.Am J Kidney Dis. 2003; 42: 864-881
- The malnutrition, inflammation, and atherosclerosis (MIA) syndrome -- the heart of the matter.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2002; 17: 28-31
- Strong association between malnutrition, inflammation, and atherosclerosis in chronic renal failure.Kidney Int. 1999; 55: 1899-1911
- Appetite and inflammation, nutrition, anemia, and clinical outcome in hemodialysis patients.Am J Clin Nutr. 2004; 80: 299-307
- Effect of protein-energy malnutrition on erythropoietin requirement in maintenance hemodialysis patients.Hemodial Int. 2007; 11: 198-203
- The combination of malnutrition-inflammation and functional status limitations is associated with mortality in hemodialysis patients.Sci Rep. 2021; 11: 1582
- Understanding development of malnutrition in hemodialysis patients: a narrative review.Nutrients. 2020; 12: 3147
- Transition of care from pre-dialysis prelude to renal replacement therapy: the blueprints of emerging research in advanced chronic kidney disease.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2017; 32: ii91-ii98
- The effect of nutritional interventions on long-term patient survival in advanced chronic kidney disease.Nutrients. 2021; 13: 621
- Effect of national pre-ESRD care program on expenditures and mortality in incident dialysis patients: a population-based study.PLoS One. 2018; 13e0198387
- Longer duration of predialysis nephrological care is associated with improved long-term survival of dialysis patients.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2001; 16: 2357-2364
- Multidisciplinary chronic kidney disease management improves survival on dialysis.J Nephrol. 2003; 16: 870-877
- Specialist follow up of patients before end stage renal failure and its relationship to survival on dialysis.Postgrad Med J. 2001; 77: 586-588
- Association of pre-end-stage renal disease serum albumin with post-end-stage renal disease outcomes among patients transitioning to dialysis.J Ren Nutr. 2019; 29: 310-321
- The first year on haemodialysis: a critical transition.Clin Kidney J. 2015; 8: 271-277
- The extent of uremic malnutrition at the time of initiation of maintenance hemodialysis is associated with subsequent hospitalization.J Ren Nutr. 2003; 13: 259-266
- Prehemodialysis care by dietitians and first-year mortality after initiation of hemodialysis.Am J Kidney Dis. 2011; 58: 583-590
All authors revised critically the initial draft of the manuscript and approved its final version.
Sara Blumberg Benyamini & Zvi Barnea contributed equally to this work.
Support: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.