Design and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Chronic kidney disease and type 2 diabetes.American Diabetes, Association, Arlington, VA2021
- Management of obesity in Adults with CKD.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2021; 32: 777-790
- Effect of gastric bypass vs best medical treatment on early-Stage chronic kidney disease in patients with type 2 diabetes and obesity: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA Surg. 2020; : e200420
- KDIGO 2012 clinical practice guideline for the evaluation and management of chronic kidney disease.Kidney Int. 2013; 3: 1-150
- Renoprotective effects of the combination of Empagliflozin and Liraglutide compared with roux-en-Y gastric bypass in early-Stage diabetic kidney disease: a post hoc analysis of the Microvascular outcomes after metabolic surgery (MOMS) randomized controlled clinical trial.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: e177-e179
- Bariatric surgery as a Long-Term treatment for type 2 diabetes/metabolic Syndrome.Annu Rev Med. 2020; 71: 1-15
Financial Disclosure: Dr. Cohen reported receiving grants from Johnson & Johnson Medical Brazil during the conduct of the study. Dr. Petry reported receiving grants from Johnson & Johnson Medical Brazil during the conduct of the study. Dr. le Roux reported receiving grants from Science Foundation Ireland, Health Research Board, European Federation for Study of Diabetes, and the Swedish Research Council during the conduct of the study and receiving honorarium for lectures and scientific advisory board from Novo Nordisk, GI Dynamics, Sanofi, Johnson & Johnson Brazil, Keyron, Herbalife, and Boehringer Ingelheim outside the submitted work. Dr. Friedman is on the scientific advisory board of GI Dynamics and a scientific consultant for Goldfinch Bio. No other disclosures were reported. This manuscript has not been published previously in whole or in part.
Support: The study was supported by research grants from Johnson & Johnson , Brazil, Oswaldo Cruz German Hospital, and Science Foundation Ireland and by grant 12/YI/B2480 from Science Foundation Ireland, Ireland (Dr. le Roux) and grant 2015-02733 from the Swedish Medical Research Council, Sweden (Dr. le Roux).