Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Nutritional status in hemodialysis patients and bioimpedance vector analysis.J Ren Nutr. 2003; 13: 199-204
- Nutritional screening in patients on hemodialysis: is subjective global assessment an appropriate tool?.J Ren Nutr. 2007; 17: 114-117
- Serum albumin is a strong predictor of death in chronic dialysis patients.Kidney Int. 1993; 44: 115-119
- Revisiting mortality predictability of serum albumin in the dialysis population: time dependency, longitudinal changes and population-attributable fraction.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2005; 20: 1880-1888
- A proposed nomenclature and diagnostic criteria for protein-energy wasting in acute and chronic kidney disease.Kidney Int. 2008; 73: 391-398
- KDOQI clinical practice guideline for nutrition in CKD: 2020 update.Am J Kidney Dis. 2020; 76: S1-s107
- Temporal evolution of clinical parameters before death in dialysis patients: a new concept.Blood Purif. 2009; 27: 38-47
- Interdialytic weight gain, systolic blood pressure, serum albumin, and C-reactive protein levels change in chronic dialysis patients prior to death.Kidney Int. 2013; 84: 149-157
- Survival trends in ESRD patients compared with the general population in the United States.Am J Kidney Dis. 2014; 63: 491-499
- Annual dialysis data report for 2018, JSDT Renal Data Registry: survey methods, facility data, incidence, prevalence, and mortality.Ren Replace Ther. 2020; 6: 41
- K/DOQI clinical practice guidelines for cardiovascular disease in dialysis patients.Am J Kidney Dis. 2005; 45: 16-153
- Clinical Practice Guideline on management of older patients with chronic kidney disease stage 3b or higher (eGFR<45 mL/min/1.73 m2): a summary document from the European Renal Best Practice Group.Nephrol Dial Transpl. 2017; 32: 9-16
- An improved comorbidity index for outcome analyses among dialysis patients.Kidney Int. 2010; 77: 141-151
- Trajectories of depressive symptoms in older adults and risk of dementia.JAMA Psychiatry. 2016; 73: 525-531
- Physical activity, cognitive decline, and risk of dementia: 28 year follow-up of Whitehall II cohort study.BMJ. 2017; 357: j2709
- Attributable and unattributable risks and fractions and other scenario comparisons.Stata J. 2013; 13: 672-698
- Association of serum albumin and atherosclerosis in chronic hemodialysis patients.Am J Kidney Dis. 2002; 40: 721-727
- Serum albumin: relationship to inflammation and nutrition.Semin Dial. 2004; 17: 432-437
- Comparison of nutritional status in hemodialysis patients with and without failed renal allografts.Clin Transplant. 2010; 24: 481-487
- Serum concentration of amino acids versus nutritional status in hemodialysis patients.J Ren Nutr. 2008; 18: 239-247
- Kidney cachexia or protein-energy wasting in chronic kidney disease: facts and numbers.J Cachexia, Sarcopenia Muscle. 2019; 10: 479-484
- Prevention and treatment of protein energy wasting in chronic kidney disease patients: a consensus statement by the International Society of Renal Nutrition and Metabolism.Kidney Int. 2013; 84: 1096-1107
- Association between serum albumin and mortality in dialysis patients is partly explained by inflammation, and not by malnutrition.J Ren Nutr. 2009; 19: 127-135
- Why summary comorbidity measures such as the charlson comorbidity index and elixhauser score work.Med Care. 2015; 53: e65-e72
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The data underlying this article cannot be shared publicly due to the privacy of individuals that participated in the study. The data will be shared on reasonable request to the corresponding author.
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.
Support: This work was supported by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science KAKENHI (grant number: 19K11372 ) with no restriction on publication. The funder had no role in the study design, implementation, analysis, and interpretation of the data.